Our students are doing a lot of research outside of conventional course papers. Some recent examples:
(1) Kendall Koning (Political Science) is examining the role of the internet in democratic deliberation. His research mentor is Professor Walhof.
(2) Amanda Miralrio (International Relations) is conducting research on anti-Americanism in Latin America. She is working with Professor Diven under the auspices of the McNair Scholars Program.
(3) Chris Gerlica (International Relations) is presenting a paper entitled "The Persistence of Microstates in a Globalized World" at GVSU's Student Scholarship Day. He is also working with Professor Diven.
(4) Dave Redding (Group Social Studies) is researching the role of public schools in fostering civic education. He is working with Professor den Dulk with support from GVSU's Student Summer Scholars (S3) program.
(5) Josh Dobson (IR) is working on a Honors Thesis the examines interstate conflict in South America in the post-WWII era. His advisor is Professor Stewart-Ingersoll.
If you are a student and have an interest in exploring your own research questions with a professor in the political science department, we hope you won't hesitate to ask any of the faculty how to do so.