From the internship announcement, see also this website.
Salary: $9.25/hr (2013 Wage)
Under the supervision of the Elections Coordinator in the County Clerks Office, the Elections Intern is an opportunity to gain a variety of hands on experience in the areas of elections and public administration. The Elections Intern will assist with the important functions related to the day to day administration of elections within Ottawa County, providing a support role for the Elections staff with voter registration, outreach, education and assist in providing service to candidates and local jurisdictions within the county.
This is a 12hr/week internship, with a flexible schedule, located at the Fillmore Campus in West Olive.
The qualified candidate will have the following knowledge and skills:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Efficient and diligent work ethic, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- The ability to problem solve effectively and to efficiently manage time.
- A willingness to learn new technology that will improve the efficiency of task performed by the office.
- The ability to act in a respectful and professional manner and the ability to thrive in a time sensitive and highly demanding work environment.
- Ability to interact positively and professionally with elected officials, candidates, media, and general public as a representative of Ottawa County.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
Currently enrolled in college courses. (Concentration in political or social sciences or public administration highly preferred.)
Online Application, with resume and cover letter, accepted at www.miottawa.org
Ottawa County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Questions can be directed to Justin F. Roebuck, Elections Coordinator | Ottawa County, Michigan
12220 Fillmore Street
West Olive, Michigan 49460
For internship credit at GVSU, also contact Dr. Don Zinman at email@example.com