The state representative campaign for Theresa Rich (37th District – Farmington/Farmington Hills) is seeking dedicated spring and summer 2014 interns! Interns do not need to live in the 37th District, but it will be considered. The internship will include working with a strong campaign team and a hard working progressive candidate whose diverse experiences and talents make her not only the current leader in the race, but the best candidate for the job. This is an unpaid internship, but college credit is definitely possible. This is a great opportunity for those who are interested in public affairs, politics, public relations, and a variety of other fields who want to serve their community.
It is important to know that interns are, and always will be, considered valuable members of our team. They will be working closely with the campaign staff as well as Theresa at many points during the campaign. Everyone on the staff was a campaign intern at some point in their career and we know how important it is to feel involved in a campaign. Thus, interns will have the following responsibilities:
- Direct voter contact (canvassing, phone banking, and possibly staffing at events);
- Assist with volunteer recruitment and training;
- Assist with political research, writing, and analysis
- Assist with fundraising (research, planning, list development, attendance at events, and follow-up); and
- General administrative support including phone calls, mailings, etc.
Internships are available starting on May 1 and will run until early August (with flexible start dates). Weekly hours are flexible, but there will be a minimum requirement determined after approval.
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Attention to detail, and follow-through;
- Motivated, creative, and passionate about public service and strengthening Michigan;
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office applications;
- Works well both independently and with a team;
- Ability to work evenings and weekends (in addition to weekdays) and should have reliable transportation; and
- Familiarity with District 37 (Farmington/Farmington Hills) is preferred, but not required.
Send cover letter, resume, and two references (personal or professional) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Internship application deadline: February 28, 2014.
Theresa Rich has a fundamental belief in equal employment opportunity; where employment is based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.
*Note: This announcement is intended for informational purposes and does not denote support for any particular candidate or organization.